Saturday, May 3, 2008

Making a Sense of Purpose


When I was still a kid, I have always been asking why I am here? What am I here for? What's my purpose? I just live my life leaving those questions unanswered.

When I was in highschool, I was in an organization where we do outreach programs and at the same time serve the church. The feeling was really good knowing and discovering bit by bit that my life has a purpose - serving the people.

College made me missed that feeling though I joined an organization that is serving in Liturgical activities.

And I missed everything when I had my first job. No connection to what I thought was my purpose. All I did was work, work and work.

3 years ago, I joined in a company which drove me closer to my purpose. It gave me opportunities to communicate and interact with different kinds of people. Yes, am closer to my purpose. I have put additional length to my patience and I've become more close to people. And that made me love my work now, as a part of the customer service group still, in the same company.

Last year, I have never imagined I could do something for those innocent children of God. I organized a simple gift-giving with some office friends and yes, we made those kids happy. It's a good feeling to let people know that someone who, they don't know cares for them.

Just last April 26,2008, together with other big companies, my company sponsored a medical outreach program and gift-giving at the very far Megkawayan, Calinan. Again, I was given the opportunity to be a part of it. The event was filled with voulteers. I was there the whole day. I was serving those less fortunates and you know what, I couldn't explain the looks in their faces. But for sure, they're very happy to know that a lot of people cared for them.

My heart was filled with gladness. The feeling of having a purpose is very very good. I don't know how to describe it but it just made me feel a dream come true. It was just a start and I am very much looking forward to join the company's upcoming outreach events.

No comments:

My Flickriver

© acubepixel © - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver